MAXAM Contracting Company is owned by two passionate, seasoned mechanics of the construction industry. Mark Scharosch and Rick Stokes share more than 65 years experience in this industry. Both participate in all phases of the construction process, creating a superior work product and a strict adherence to schedule and budget.
MAXAM’s carefully crafted business plan promises to deliver modern housing at affordable prices. We provide a complete range of construction services. By meeting with your staff, governing authorities and financiers, MAXAM is involved from developing the project scope and viability, to participating in the final walk through and move in.
We excel as general contractors and construction managers. MAXAM personnel possess both administration and construction skills. Our experience as builders is the foundation for MAXAM.
Our services encompass both the pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
MAXAM’s pre-construction responsibilities include:
- Assist owner in site selection through feasibility and cost analysis
- Establish the design in accordance with the preliminary budget to maintain economic feasibility.
- Assist at public forums to inform and explain the plan.
- Produce project schedules and assist in identifying long lead items.
- Provide analysis of construction materials and methods to minimize construction costs and labor delays.
- Assist in the selection and coordination of the professional services required for the project.
- Promote bidders’ interest with an emphasis on qualified local and under-utilized contractors.
- Conduct pre-bid conferences and evaluate bids for selection by the Owner.
Construction phase responsibilities include:
- Administer construction contracts and coordinate contractor activities.
- Monitor construction progress and update projected project costs, completion dates and payment certifications.
- Review safety programs and fair labor procedures.
- Maintain project documents, drawings, contracts, addenda and change orders.
- Coordinate the punch out of the building as well as repairs during the months following occupancy.
MAXAM provides a full-time project manager on site to ensure the successful completion of all responsibilities outlined above. MAXAM owners believe in hands-on management. One of the owners will be directly involved in all aspects of your project including both on-site and budget management.